Tuesday, December 23, 2014

MY MNT 1 ROTATION IS OVER AND I CAN ENJOY CHRISTMAS!

Hello everyone,

First off, SORRY I HAVEN'T POSTED IN 8 WEEKS?!? I thought my first two rotations took up most of my time...boy was I wrong. Anyone who has done a dietetic internship or is currently in their clinical rotation will agree with me when I say that this blog was my last priority. Imagine going to a hospital 40 hours a week but then on top that having loads upon loads of work including  two case studies....all while not getting paid (!!) experience is worth a lot more in my book, or that's what I keep telling myself.

In all honesty, though, this rotation definitely taught me the most and gave me a great idea of what it will be like as a clinical dietitian. It's really intimidating at first, and if your rotation is like mine you're working with five different dietitians who all do something a little bit different. It can be confusing! I encourage you to stick with it, though, because each dietitian has something to contribute and you will learn more than you could ever imagine.

By the second week I was being sent off to work on patients by myself...talk about being nervous. But like any job, practice makes perfect. I'm lucky in that my internship program is MNT-based, so I still have an entire semester of my clinical rotation left to learn even more. It's hard to believe that I'm halfway done already!

Didn't I just move to Louisville yesterday?
(Speaking of Louisville, UK plays UofL on Saturday and I am more excited for that than I am for Christmas. You can bet I'll be reading KSR all break.)

Anyway, hopefully now that I know what to expect next semester I can make time to update y'all on this internship blog of mine. I promise I'll try. New Years Resolution, am I right?!

Chat later. Have a Merry Christmas! xo

1 comment: