Wednesday, October 22, 2014

FNCE 2014

What's up everyone?! So my food service rotation is finally over and let me say, I am happy that it is. Don't get me wrong, I think it's important for every person interested in dietetics to get experience in food service management. In my case, it just reinforced how happy I am to be in a program with a concentration in Medical Nutrition Therapy. Just because I want to have a clinical dietetic profession, doesn't mean you will not LOVE your food service rotation during your internship. I had such a great time, met some wonderful people, and really got a feel for all the hard work that goes into running a food service establishment (FYI: a lot of work goes into it).

Anyway.... who went to FNCE this year?! We did and it was great.

For those of you unfamiliar with FNCE it is the Food and Nutrition Conference Expo where thousands of RD's/student/healthcare professionals gather and learn about all things nutrition-related. This year it was in "Hotlanta" as our internship director would call it but the rest of the world refers to it as Atlanta, Georgia. It was amazing. We each attended speaker sessions on current topics in the dietetics field. Hopefully you all get a chance to attend one year because there are SO many pros and not enough cons to convince you to go. I'll keep this short because you honestly need to find out for yourself, but here are a few reasons to go to FNCE:


  • Education: this sounds boring but it's not like a basic college science class. It's about up and coming topics being spoken about by extremely incredible speakers!
  • Free Stuff: the expo is full of companies and health food brands (some of which I had never heard of) and they all give you free samples and take-home products of theirs. I had a bag full. Here is just some of what I got...
  • Great Location: FNCE is always held in a fun and interesting city. Next year it's in Nashville so obviously I will be there. 
  • Networking: If you are going to FNCE bring your resume and even business cards.My roommates and I did not due to lack of time and I wish we did. There are TONS of recruiters and companies looking to meet young and fresh dietitians in the field. FNCE is the perfect place for that.
For more information on FNCE 2015 visit their here. That's all I have to say about that. Keep an eye out for my next post on my first week or two of my clinical rotation! Have a great day everyone! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment