Tuesday, September 16, 2014

My Current Obsession (& My 1st Week of Food Service Management)

FIRST THINGS FIRST: With a week of my food service management rotation under my belt I have tons that I want to talk about. First and foremost this is a blog about my internship experience so here is last week's recap:

  • On the first day I met with my preceptor and got situated. Side-note: my ID badge picture is totally hideous and it's embarrassing. I spent the rest of the day learning the ins and outs of Food and Nutrition Services. 
  • Our hospital has two forms of dining services: Dining on Call and Catering to You.
    • Dining on Call involves the patient calling the diet office and making an order based on the foods they are allowed to eat (think: room service).
    • Catering to You involves the set breakfast, lunch, and dinner times where food is brought up, an oral menu is read to the patient, and their order is taken by the catering associate.
  • I learned a lot about the managerial duties and performed a few of them myself like tray accuracy, tray assembly speed, and I did a test tray. I must say I was very impressed with how well the staff did.
  • Also, the food in the hospital cafeteria is seriously so good. Another side-note: interns get free lunch during this rotation because we are working with the food service contractor so that makes me happy.
There are numerous areas of food service to cover during the internship so I am still learning about everything that goes on. This week I am doing a lot more hands-on tasks so the next post will include more stories! 

Next topic... MY CURRENT OBSESSION


So if you have never heard of Lucky's Market...you need to hurry up and go because it is the absolute best grocery store in the history of grocery stores (imagine Trader Joe's mixed with Whole Foods mixed with Aldi's prices). I will probably do a post completely dedicated to how awesome they are but that's for another day. Anyway, while I was venturing around getting my weekly produce I stopped in their beauty section. My skin has been looking a bit dull lately so I decided to try a natural product. After looking through several types I chose these two by Andalou and let me just say they are AMAZING. Both the cleanser and the mask use fruit stem cells to brighten the skin tone naturally. I started with the lemon cleanser which is refreshing and gentle. My face felt so good and full of energy after. This is a morning and night, ever day cleanser. Next I used the pumpkin honey mask. It seriously felt like I was putting the Autumn season on my face if that were ever possible. My skin was smoother, brighter, and softer afterwards. This is a powerful mask so it is only recommended 1-3 times a week. So basically if you are looking for a new face regimen try this. It's awesome. 

That's all for now. I will post more this weekend!
Have a great night, everyone! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment